USAID Green Invest Asia and the Global Coffee Platform will convene the second Sustainable Coffee Dialogue on November 24, 2021 from 16:00-17:45 ICT.
This webinar features results from a national baseline study on fertilizer usage in Vietnam along with expert panels on regenerative practices and intercropping strategies. Confirmed panelists come from the global sustainability platform Enveritas; French agricultural research and cooperation organization CIRAD; supply chain management company ECOM Trading; international sustainability project management and consulting firm Sofies Group; non-profits World Agroforestry Center Vietnam and IDH-the sustainable trade initiative; German chain of coffee retailers and cafés Tchibo GmbH, and; agribusiness Olam International that focuses on sustainable food products and ingredients. This dialogue is the second in a series of seven virtual meetings in 2021-2022 that convene stakeholders along the global coffee supply chain to further industry collaboration on low-carbon coffee production through low-emission land use practices.
Speakers and Panelists:
1. Christy Owen, Chief of Party, USAID Green Invest Asia
2. Gelkha Buitrago, Director Programs and Corporate Partnerships, Global Coffee Platform (GCP)
3. Roopa Karia, Deputy Office Director, Regional Environment Office, USAID/RDMA
4. Barry Flaming, Senior Agriculture, Forestry & Other Land Use (AFOLU) Advisor, USAID Green Invest Asia
5. Senthil Nathan, Head of Asia Operations, Enveritas
6. Didier Lesueur, Senior Soil Microbiologist, CIRAD & The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT
7. Aline Deniau, SMS Vietnam Manager, ECOM Trading
8. Hannes Zellweger, Managing Director Zürich, Sofies
9. Tran Quynh Chi, Regional Director Asia Landscape, IDH, the Sustainable Trade Initiative
10. Clement Rigal, Tropical Agronomist, CIRAD and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) Vietnam
11. Dave D’haeze, Country Representative Sustainable Coffee, Tchibo GmbH
12. Piet J.A. Van Asten, Head Sustainable Production Systems – Coffee, Olam Food Ingredients